Friday 5 January 2018

Creative Artiste: Crackle and Colour with Tando Creative!

Happy New Year!

As it is the first Friday of the month and also of the new year it is time for our next challenge over at the Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge blog!


Thank you for all the beautiful entries last month, it is always a pleasure to look through them, and to see who won in December and check out all of the rules and design team projects you can click HERE.

This month we have a brand new sponsor to the challenge but one who I already know quite well, and that is Tando Creative! There are two prizes of a 30% discount off Tando products on the Tando website and there is plenty to choose from!

http://www.tando-creative.co.uk/catalog/index.php


Here is my contribution to the design team this month using two ATC's from Tando Creative, one in grey board and the other in MDF...


I started by painting both of the ATC's with black gesso and then coated them with a layer of crackle paste by Decoart.  These were left overnight to allow the cracks to develop naturally.



Once they were ready I used my brayer to apply a layer of Hansa Yellow Light, then Cobalt Teal then Quinacridone Magenta (all Decoart fluid acrylics) to the surface, keeping the layers quite patchy and light.


Next I used the numbers stencil with white gesso and the distressed sequins stencil with cobalt teal paint (both from Tando).  After these were dry I added some stamping using archival ink.  I used a teal colour with the Marks stamp set by Nathalie Kalbach and then black ink with the script from the Steampunk set by Andy Skinner.


The final layer to my background was a bit more stencilling.  This time I used a sparkle paste through the criss cross Tando stencil.
Using the same paint colours I painted some greyboard pieces from Tando, adding a bit more stamping to the hearts.


Once these were all stuck into place I chose two sentiments from the Small Talk stickers by Tim Holtz that I felt went with the style of the ATC's and added them to the boards.

I hope you have had a great start to the year so far and that you will be inspired to take part in the challenge this month!

Happy crafting,

Jane xx




No comments:

Post a Comment