Friday 1 September 2017

Creative Artiste: A Hopeful Heart

Hello!

I am back for a second post today because as well as being the first of September it is also the first Friday of the month!

That means that there is also a new challenge over at the Creative Artiste Challenge blog, click HERE for the link.



This month the fabulous sponsor for the challenge is...

http://papertoleaustralia.com/

Here is my design team contribution for this month...


I have used the Scrapmatts bubble stencil in the background and on the board I have used some of their chipboard pieces (hexagon mesh, oval ornate frame, chain, circle and also the little flowers).

I started by working on a large mixed media board from Tando Creative.  The stencil was used first with modelling paste and then once dried I used Decoart media line paints along with some salt to create a pitted rusty metal look that Andy Skinner uses and teaches.

I wanted all the pieces to look old in different ways so used Decoart crackle paint and patina antiquing cream on the wing, word and cog (all from Tando Creative) with a wash of paint for the rust...


I used the same pitted technique for the heart, oval frame and large cog that I had used on the background.  Then created a rusty colour using quinacridone gold on the other pieces...


Once all the pieces were glued down and dry gold micro beads were added to areas and then some metal and glass embellishments to co ordinate with the colours used.

To match the word 'Hope' I decided to use a stamp from Visible Image with the definition of dream and used some distress ink to age the card...


I really enjoyed using lots of techniques on this project and hope that you liked it too!

Do please go over to the Creative Artiste challenge for a look at the other projects from the design team and we would love to see lots of you entering your mixed media pieces this month.

I am also entering my project into the following challenges...

* Frilly and Funky - A Little Rusty
* Mixed Media World - Anything Mixed Media Goes
* Sandee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenge  - Anything Goes (Steampunk/Industrial)
* That's Crafty - Rustica

Thank you for looking,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment