Saturday 26 August 2017

Watering the Wildflowers for Bee Crafty

Hello!

This week I am back at Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog with a card combining flowers with a bit of Banksy...


The products that I used to make it were...

* Oval Lace - Inkables Stencil
* Girl Watering Aerial - Inspired by Banksy Stamp
* Ink splat 1 - Backdrops Stamp
* Wildflowers 3 - Beautanicals Stamp
* Everyday Sentiments 1 - Wordage Stamp
* Distress Inkpads - Dusty Concord, Broken China and Crushed Olive
* Versafine Inkpad - Onyx Black
* Clear Embossing Powder

 
Here is how I made the card...
 
1) I started by inking 2 pieces of card measuring 2 1/2" x 4" and 4 3/4" x 4 3/4".  I used ink duster brushes to add the 3 distress inks across the pieces of card, blending them between colours.
2) Next I used the Oval Lace stencil by placing it on the pieces of card and spraying water onto it.  After allowing it to settle for a few seconds I then used kitchen roll to lift some of the ink off for a ghosting effect.
3) On the smaller piece of card I added some of the ink splats using the same distress inks but taking the first generation of ink off on scrap paper first.
4) On the larger piece of card I added the wildflowers stamp using the same technique.
5) The girl was then stamped with Versafine and clear embossing powder heated over the top onto the smaller card piece.
6) Both pieces were then matted onto black card and when I knew where the girl would be placed I stamped the sentiment onto the card.
7) Using the same stencil and distress inks I then added some decoration to two corners of a 6" square card before adding the other card layers.  The girl was raised using foam pads for extra dimension.
 

Thank you for taking a look and I hope you have a lovely weekend, especially if you are able to enjoy the bank holiday.

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment