Saturday 5 August 2017

Up, up and away for Bee Crafty

Hello,

Thank you for stopping by to have a look at my latest DT project for Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog.  Here is the card that I made...


To make this card I used...

* Distressed Harlequin D'inkable
* Regular Dots D'inkable
* Laugh, Live, Dream - Wordage Stamp
* Balloon Girl - Inspired by Banksy Stamp
* Decision to Try - Wordage Stamp
* Distress Ink - Festive Berries, Mustard Seed, Broken China, Black Soot
* Versafine Black Ink
* Clear Embossing Powder

I started by using the broken china, festive berries and mustard seed distress inks on watercolour cardstock.  I blended the colours using an ink blending brush to create extra shades where they crossed. 
Water was then splashed onto the card and lifted with kitchen towel to create lighter spots.  The distressed harlequin d'inkable was then used with the same distress inks, some of the inks got a bit mixed so created different colours with the stencilling.
To add a bit more drama I then used black soot distress ink with the regular dots d'inkable and then added extra ink around the edge of the card to help frame it...


Using the 'Laugh, Live, Dream' stamp, I added some stamping with black ink to create another layer to the background...


I then repeated the same colours on a smaller piece of card and again added the water splashes.  Making sure this was totally dry I then stamped the balloon girl with Versafine and put clear embossing powder over the top...


Both pieces were then mounted onto black card and added to a 6" card blank.

Finally the 'Decision to Try' stamp was stamped in black and clear embossed as well, then cut up into sections to add to the card.  I decided to leave these white to stand out against the background.

I hope you have a lovely rest of the weekend and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment