Saturday 19 August 2017

A Trio of Butterflies for Bee Crafty

Hello!

I am back again with another project for the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog. 

This week I decided to use distress oxide ink pads as these are a recently acquired medium for me as well as some new stamps that I got in the recent Bee Crafty summer sale (I can't resist a stampy bargain!) :)

Here is the 6" x 6" card that I made...


The products used were...

Large Butterfly - Art Stamp
* Script XL - Backdrops Stamp
* Everyday Sentiments 1 - Wordage Stamp
* Distress Oxide Inkpads - Wilted Violet, Faded Jeans, Cracked Pistachio
* Versafine Inkpad - Onyx Black
* Clear Embossing Powder

I wanted to see how versatile the oxide inks are so used them in 3 different ways for this card.

1) First I created the background by smooshing (technical term) the ink pads onto my craft mat, spritzing with water then placing watercolour card into it.  I dried this layer off before adding extra dabs of the other colours using the same technique, making sure each layer was dry before adding the next.
2) Using the same 3 ink pads I inked up the script background in patches and then stamped right across the background.  I kept a spare piece of the background without stamping ready for the sentiment.
3) The big butterfly was stamped 3 times using the Versafine and then heat embossed with clear powder.  The sentiment was created the same way but stamped onto the spare piece of the original inky background.
4) Once the butterflies were cut out I coloured them using the oxide inks from a mat and a water brush.
5) I decided to add a few mats and layers to create a frame for the background, then added the sentiment and butterflies using foam pads and 3D glue gel.



This was quite a quick card to make, but the oxide inks create really fab backgrounds very easily, and with the beautiful stamps made this card very easy to create.

Thank you for reading and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment