Saturday 1 July 2017

Altered Eclectics: Under the Sea Box

Hello!

Another new month must mean a new challenge over at Altered Eclectics.  If you would like to enter the challenge or take a look at the design team projects and rules please click HERE.

This month I needed to create a box for a game that I was going to play with the nursery children I work with, so decided to alter a wooden box I had in a sea theme...


I wanted it to have an old look, so used some stencilling, crackle glaze and gilding wax along with Decoart acrylic paints to create the colour and texture.  I then used some real shells plus some resin shells and a keyhole that I had created using IOD moulds to create the main features.  Finally I had to add some gems and micro beads to give it a bit of a treasure chest feel...



I hope you have a lovely weekend,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment