Saturday 4 February 2017

For The Love of Stamps: Climb Aboard

Hello!

Over on Create and Craft this weekend is the launch of the new HunkyDory stamps for this month!  The first show is today at 9am, but you would need to check the schedule for other shows as they can be subject to change.

You can find the schedule online at...

http://www.createandcraft.com/gb/

Or you can watch live at...
 
  • Sky 674

  • Freeview 23

  • Virgin 748

  • Freesat 813

  • I was lucky enough to have two of the new sets of stamps and masks to work with and today I am sharing with you the design team samples that I made using the vintage steam train set - Climb Aboard...


    This card was made by using masking sheets to enable me to create a scene and then Spectrum Illustrator alcohol pens were used to colour.  I love all the extra elements on the stamp set such as the tickets, and there are a few different sentiments that fit inside them to make lots of options.


    I always want to create more than cards for my samples as to me stamps and masks are not just for card making they are tools, and as such they become so much more versatile.  So I made this little MDF plaque using texture paste through the stencil for a different look.  I always find creating gifts for men more tricky so I think this set is an excellent addition to any collection.  This time I used Spectrum Aqua pens to make a more faded vintage look to the colouring of the train.


    Finally I wanted to create a card that didn't use the train at all but could show how the other smaller elements can make quite a large card on their own.  I also used the mask again in the background but this time with distress inks.  All the colouring was done using just tea dye and vintage photo inks and the stamping with sepia Versafine.

    Hopefully I have created a range of projects that shows you just some of what can be done with this set.  The shows will be on across the weekend (depending on stock levels) so do please tune in for more examples from the rest of the team and also fab demonstrations!

    I will show the samples that I made with the other stamp set on Monday, so if you are a sweetie fan you may want to take a look!!

    Jane x

    No comments:

    Post a Comment