Saturday 3 December 2016

For The Love of Stamps -Out of this World!

Hello!

I hope you are having a great start to the weekend!

I am really excited today as on Create and Craft Hunkydory are launching their next set of stamps from the 'For the Love of Stamps' range, and I have to say that the two stamp sets I had to work with this time I absolutely loved!  What made it even better was when we were told each set also had a coordinating stencil, which for me was the icing on the cake!!

Today I thought that I would show you the samples that I made using the 'Out of This World' set.  This is a really gorgeous set that has so many elements to create fantastic space scenes or more simple cards...

 
I couldn't resist starting with a pop up box card, especially with the rockets which are brilliant for attaching to acetate strips for flying!  The background to the flaps was created using sparkle pens and also used the stars from the stencil with sparkle medium.

 
As soon as I had the stencil I knew that I wanted some form of home décor with a mixed media feel, and thought that a space themed door hanger would be great for a child's room.  The stencil was used with modelling paste for the background before being painted over with Starlight paints and a touch of gilding wax.   Then the elements were added after being coloured and coated with glossy accents.


 
As there was this fantastic moon sentiment in the set I really wanted to create a circle easel card.  The background was again created using the stencil, but this time with distress inks.


Finally I wanted to create a more simple card to show how a couple of the elements could still create a really effective card.

Here are the details for when the show starts, but do please check the Create and Craft schedules for all the shows throughout the weekend as they are sometimes subject to change.

 
 
I will be back tomorrow with the samples that I made using the Delightful Dahlias set, some different types of projects were created with this beautiful flower set, so please do come by for a look.
 
 
Jane x





No comments:

Post a Comment