Thursday 1 September 2016

Altered Eclectics: An altered scrapbook

Hello and welcome to a new month!

Today is the launch of a new challenge over at Altered Eclectics -

http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.co.uk/

As always it is anything goes as long as the project is altered art/mixed media (no cards, ATC's etc)
so do please pop on over for a look at the design team projects and also to leave an entry yourself!

Here is my project for this month...


This is how my scrapbook started.  It is one that I bought from a craft store in a sale a while ago...


I was initially going to alter the actual front cover of the album but was worried about contaminating parts of the album that I didn't want to get dirty, so instead I decided to alter a piece of board to attach to the front of the album.
I started by creating texture in the background using light paste and 2 stencils (Tim Holtz Clocks and Finnabair Cogs)...


After laying out the pieces that I wanted to add I took a photo before attaching them with 3D matt gel and then added some Powertex artballs within some more gel for extra texture...


This was left overnight to make sure everything was totally dry and then painted over with white gesso, I needed about 3 coats to get it to the stage I was happy with...


I wanted a sepia type tone to the cover to match the kraft feel of the album so used vintage photo and peeled paint distress stain as well as a brown and green spray by Lindy's stamp gang...


To make sure that the texture was highlighted I used gold gilding wax from Pebeo along with some patina wax from Creative Expressions...


To add an aged look to the board I then used Finnabair's rust paste set...


The final touch was the words which were stamped from a Dylusions quote set in gold embossing powder onto vintage gold card.  Then the whole piece was mounted onto card onto the front of the album...




We have a busy weekend at a local garden fair so I will post my next project on Monday, it would be lovely to see you (at the fair if on the IOW and also on the blog) and do please pop over to check out the Altered Eclectics challenge blog.

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment