Friday 12 August 2016

Winter Plaque for Leonie...

Hello, I hope you were able to watch and enjoy the shows yesterday?

Today I am sharing a step by step of one of the projects that was on the set for the launch.

The snowflake bundle is excellent for winter projects that you might not want to be Christmassy so this was my aim with this plaque...


I started by preparing a Tando mixed media board with white gesso...


Using blue and pearl starlight paints from Imagination I created a wintery looking background with my brushstrokes...


To add extra interest I used a bottle top and old gift card to add circles and lines using white gesso...


More texture was added around the edges using some of the snowflake stamps with some darker blue paint (I wasn't worried about getting a really clear image as this was for the background)...


More defined snowflakes were then added using a different shade of blue ink along with some of the dotty swirls...

 
 
Next holes were punched into the top using a cropadile and blue eyelets added.  Then silver wire was attached to make a hanger and curled a bit to add a different shape...
 
 
 The snowflake die was then cut in white pearl card and the 'winter' in dark blue cardstock.  One of the border greetings was stamped in blue ink then cut into sections and dusted with more ink...
 
 
Finally all the pieces were adhered to the plaque...
 
 
Another wintery themed project! 
 
I will be back with another step by step plaque on Monday using a range of products but in complete contrast as it is a very zingy, summery one!
 
Have a lovely weekend,
 
Jane x 



No comments:

Post a Comment