Wednesday 27 July 2016

Leonie - Gilded Bark Card

Hello!

Today I thought I would show you one of the cards that I made as a sample for last week's launch that didn't get shown on TV.

This card is using one of the background dies, the bark texture.  This die can be really versatile as I cut pieces off to become branches, but other members of the design team also used it horizontally to become sea, so it is really up to you as to what you can do with the die!

Here is the card that I made...

 
I started by cutting a square of card with some double sided adhesive on it, then cut 2 pieces of the bark die from vintage gold card and attached it to the adhesive.  The rest of the background was then covered with gilding flakes.
 
A frame was cut using Sue Wilson's double pierced dies from Kraft card and some acetate attached to the inside.  I wanted to make a shaker card so decided to use copper micro beads to stick with the autumnal colour theme that had emerged...
 
 
The frame was then attached using foam tape.  Once I had attached it I decided to add some string around the edges as well to help keep the beads in.
 
I then used a piece of the bark to add some more interest to the frame along with some of the leaves from the floral set, also gilded and some mini pine cones and gold stamens from my stash.
 
Finally one of the sentiments from the mixed media stamps was stamped and embossed in gold then cut out with the pierced flag dies from Sue Wilson...
 
 
This was quite a different sort of card for me but I enjoyed all the different mediums and textures that were involved.
 
I will be back on Friday with some more projects from the show so hopefully you will come by again for a look,
 
Jane x 




No comments:

Post a Comment