Friday 8 July 2016

Funtastic Friday: Pre-historic Pals

Hello!

I have something a bit different today although still using a card style that I have really grown to love over the past few weeks!

When I received my latest edition of Craft Stamper magazine there was an article where the designers had used a really cute dinosaur set to make a variety of cards.  My 4 year old son loves dinosaurs and straight away I knew that I wanted that set!!  So I ordered the 'Pre-historic Pals' clear stamp set made by Sugar Pea Designs and when they arrived I totally loved them.  I have already stamped some for my little boy to colour and my daughter has also used them to make a card for a little boy she knows.

I wanted to use them to make another pop up box card, but this time a smaller version that I already had some card blanks for.  In the end I made 2 that were very similar but with slightly different colour tones...



 
The dinosaurs were stamped, cut out and coloured in using Spectrum Aqua pens then fixed the pieces to strips of acetate...
 

 
 
The panels were created using the Jazmyne embossing folder from Couture Creations.  One coloured using Peeled Paint distress ink and the other using beige coloured card.  Both had gold Pebeo gilding wax added to highlight the texture.  The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment came from the dinosaur set and the other sentiment is from a Stampin'Up! dinosaur set...
 

 
 
I have also used the set to make some other items as it also has quite a wide range of quirky sentiments on it as well. 
 
I will be back on Monday with a summery mixed media make, I hope you can come by for a look,
 
Jane x 



No comments:

Post a Comment