Friday 24 June 2016

Funtastic Friday: A flowery thank you

Hello!

It is almost the weekend and at last the sun has come out here after some pretty heavy rain over the past few days!

Despite the weather saying otherwise it is coming up to the school summer hols very soon and therefore I have started to think about ways of saying thank you to those people who have looked after my children at nursery and school over the last year.
I love to give hand made cards as I think they are much more personal, and so I thought I would show you two that I have made ready this year...



The sentiment says it all and is from a Phill Martin set.  The flowers are from Emily's Garden by Cardio and are one of my favourite sets to use, especially for creating really pretty cards in a quick way.
This technique has been fantastically demonstrated by Wendy of Cardio on television and at various craft shows, so I take no credit for it whatsoever!!
I started by using the largest flower in the lightest colour, using the ink for more that one impression each time, then gradually went down the sizes, using darker tones.  Then I added some of the foliage in different greens.  Some distress ink was also brushed around the edges to help frame the pieces.
I also added some stickles for a bit of bling at the end and for these cards I matted and layered the sentiment as well as raising it up a bit.  However when creating cards for craft shows I usually stamp the sentiment directly on to make them lighter and flatter for people to post.

These will be going out to some special people next month!

I will be back with a mixed media piece on Monday, so until then have a lovely weekend whatever you are doing,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment