Tuesday 17 May 2016

Design Team Tuesday: Thank you Friend


Hello again!

Today I am posting a project with my design team hat on using the Leonie Pujol mask and stamp sets.

As I have already shown you the samples that were made for the launch shows last month I have made this card especially for today's post.

I will be entering this project into the following challenges...

* Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch #89

* Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Thank you

Every now and then I like using a sketch to follow for a card design as otherwise I do find that I tend to stick to the same sorts of layouts.  So using the challenge helped me to find the starting point for my card.
I also wanted to incorporate one of the masks with another sentiment to show how they can be adapted to make them even more versatile and so I chose to use the 'friend' mask alongside a thank you stamp from a Stampin'Up! set.  The main piece of card was cut using a Sue Wilson pierced square and the sentiment using a pierced flag (one of my favourite dies!) ...


Once the mask had been adhered using stick and spray, I coloured both the card and the sentiment using Dried Marigold and Mustard Seed distress inks.  When I removed the mask I used an adhesive rubber to remove any traces of the spray and then, because I wanted the word to match with the rest of the stamping, outlined it with dots using a black pen...


I then chose a selection of floral stamps from the various sets.  (I have to admit that I have not noted which stamps come from which sets as I tend to just mix and match from wherever I feel like). I then used Versafine ink with the larger flowers to create a pattern that I was happy with, then filled in with the smaller flowers, using distress inks with the groups of flowers for a more subtle finish...


To tie the flowers in with the base colours I used some Pitt Artist pens to colour the main flowers (scarlet red, orange glaze, dark chrome yellow, cadmium yellow) and then used went over some with glossy accents and the others with a clear spectrum sparkle pen.  To add an extra bit of glitz I dotted some diamond stickles around the smaller flowers...


These were both then mounted onto black card...


To make the other elements of the card I then cut two strips of card and coloured and stamped them in the same way...


The final element was to create a flower using the Delightful Daisies stamp and die set from Heartfelt Creations.  This was coloured with the same distress inks as the rest of the cards and then layered up with some more stickles added to the centre...



Finally the card was put together and the main image layered up with some foam tape...




For more ideas and inspiration you can also take a look at Leonie's blog and the other members of the design team...

* Leonie: http://leoniepujol.blogspot.co.uk/
* Nick: http://nickinbarnsley.blogspot.co.uk/
* Katrina: http://cornishkat.blogspot.co.uk/
* Elaine: http://cakecoffeefcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Tomorrow morning there will be a special short post as there is a new launch tomorrow evening of the next release of stamps from Leonie on HOCHANDA, so do please take a look to see what is happening, where and when!!

Have a lovely day,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment