Friday 5 February 2016

Funtastic Friday - Meltpot Hearts and Flowers

Hello!

Today I am back with something a bit more mixed media and to add in the fun this time I have used my melt pot to make some embellishments.

I will be entering this project into the following challenges...

* Country View Challenges - Make your own Background
* The Artistic Stamper Challenge Blog - HeART Art
* Natalie and Amy's Challenge - Hearts and Flowers
* That's Crafty Challenges - First Love

I knew that the basis of this project was to be a wooden heart that I would alter with my usual products, but I wanted to create my own embellishments to go on it using something from my craft cupboard that I don't get out everyday...the melt pot!!

Here is what I got out to play with...

I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted to make so got out a selection of texture mats, cutters and moulds as well as different colours and additions for the UTEE.  I made four different colour combinations but the first was clear UTEE with red melt art ink and red glass glitter...

I made some embellishments by pouring directly into the moulds and some by pouring onto a texture sheet and placing a cutter firmly into the liquid until it solidified...

Unfortunately the glitter sank to the bottom of the melt pot and didn't really transfer to most of the pieces, something I shall have to investigate in the future.  Here are the pieces that I made...

From here I chose some pieces to add gold gilding wax to, and put some together with glue gel, leaving aside to dry ready for the final piece.

Next I prepped my plain wooden heart with a few coats of white gesso as I knew I wanted to add a few wet mediums on top.  I covered the heart with tattered rose distress paint, then added splodges of worn lipstick paint and spritzed on tattered rose distress stain and gold spray ink.  I used a lovely rose background stamp that I have with shabby pink embossing powder.  I only inked up the middle part of the stamp as I wanted a distressed type of look and brushed some of the powder away before heating too...

Of course it would not be mixed media for me without some stencils and texture paste!  I thought about using hearts or flowers but decided that script would be more subtle and also tie in with the beautifully scripted sentiment that I was going to use.  I used the TCW art words stencil with gold shine sparkle texture paste, adding sections around the edges...

The sentiment was from a valentines set by Quietfire Designs, which I stamped and heat embossed in gold then cut out with a circle die.  Pretty in Pink colour cloud was added over the top with some worn lipstick distress ink around the edges, then finished with a fine spritz of gold ink. 

After playing around with the layout I stuck all the pieces together with glue gel for a firm hold...



It was good fun getting the melt pot out today so I think over the weekend I will see what else I can use for a mixed media piece on Monday!

Happy crafting,

Jane x



No comments:

Post a Comment